Setting up Basic access control
To set up Basic access control, select Basic as your access method in kwauthconfig, and create a list of user names and passwords in Klocwork Static Code Analysis.
To set up Basic access in kwauthconfig, you need to:
- select Basic as your access control method
- provide secure connection information if you're configuring SSL. See Using a secure Klocwork Server connection for more details.
To set up Basic access control
- To access the Klocwork security utility, kwauthconfig, go to <server_install>/bin. In Windows, click Start > All Programs > Klocwork 21.1
> Klocwork Security Configuration, or from the command line on any platform, run kwauthconfig [<projects_root>]
The path to the projects_root directory can be an absolute or relative path. If you don't provide the projects_root as a parameter in step 1, the Select Klocwork Projects Root dialog appears.
- If the Projects Root dialog appears, enter the complete path or browse to the projects_root and click OK.
- Click Configure.
- Select Basic. The only difference between this method and Open is that Basic access requires that all user accounts must have a password.
- Optional: Click Use secure Klocwork Server connection, then enter the Host name, Organizational unit, and Organization for the SSL connection.
- Click Finish and the initial configuration utility screen will appear. Click OK to finalize your changes.
You must restart the Klocwork Server with the command kwservice --projects-root <projects_root> restart klocwork or with Windows Services administration.
Now that you've set up Basic access control in kwauthconfig, you're ready to create your list of users in Klocwork Static Code Analysis.